Lightbox

Freitag, 11. Mai 2012

Chillin' / Cruisin' / Divin' @ Lake Malawi

After my hiking trip in the Mulanje Mountains I headed straight so Lake Malawi ... where I spent the last two weeks! My first destinations were Monkey Bay and Cape Maclear which are located at the southern end of the lake. Both are very small villages on the lake with nice sand beaches and in Cape Maclear you can also enjoy the sunset ;-) ... jep, this two places are made for relaxing and chilling!













The lake is really huge - almost like a sea ;-) ... and there is only one ferry boat ... the *ILALA*, which is cruising the lake up and down once a week ... it leaves every friday from Monkey Bay and it takes three days up to the northern end (it's not the fastest, but it's the only one ;-) ... so I took the chance, hoped on to the ILALA and cruised up to Nkhata Bay ... it was really a nice experience ... I slept on the upper deck under a starry sky with beautiful sunrises and sunsets ;-) ... and of course I got a feeling on how the people are traveling and living on the lake!



The picture above was taken by Bo Loeschall, who is hosting a traveling platform called GlobeSpots.com ... it's a really interesting page, check it out!! ... thx for the publishing permission ;-)








... and in Nkhata Bay I decided to make an *Open Water Scuba Diving Course* ... it was a really good decision ... diving is just awesome ;-)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen