Lightbox

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012

Zanzibar - A little paradise

After a few days on the road again (Nhkata Bay / Karonga / Mbeya / Dar es Salaam) ... I finally catched the speed boat to the *spicy* island! So here I am @ Stonetown, the *old* capital of Zanzibar! It's a beautiful town with old buildings, nice doors, narrow streets and crowded markets ... I really enjoyed the nice atmosphere there ... and I am loving the *spiced* coffee and the brownies @ Stonetown-Cafe ;-)













Zanzibar is a very popular holiday destination. At the high season (Nov-Feb) there are a lot of tourist coming to the island to enjoy the nice beaches and have fun. The best beaches are located at the north and at the east of the island.









In the low season the beaches are almost empty ... and instead of *chicks* there are just some *cows* on the beach for a sunshower ;-)



However, I enjoyed a few days at Nungwi beach and Jambiani beach. At Nungwi beach there are - of course - a lot of diving centers and so I decided to go for some more dives - my first dives in the ocean ... and it was really amazing ... but for more details (and some pics) about my dives ... please check out my next blog entry ;-)

Apart from the beautiful beaches, Zanzibar is also very famous for its spices and fruits! Due to the warm and mild climate a lot of different spices - which you can usually find in every good kitchen - are growing there. During a visit on a spice farm you explore all these things and you can see how they are growing ... so if you are visiting Zanzibar you should make a spice tour ... it's really very informative and interesting to see ... and it takes just a couple of hours!

Cinnamon (Zimt) 

(Nelken) 

Papaja

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen